19 Dec How To Name A Website & Best Tools To Find Perfect Name
Naming your website is one of the most crucial decisions you can make, but it can also be the most challenging. Whether you are looking to create a brand or want to build a website, naming your site is a process that takes research and creativity.
The domain name is not something that should be taken so lightly. The name is usually the first thing your potential customer will see when they come to your site.
How to Name a Website
Your domain name must be unique, so your visitors don’t confuse your site with another. Also, if your two domain names sound too alike, it can even lead to intellectual property violations.
The best and the most popular option is to choose .com domain extension for your website.
A Good Domain Name Can Spell Success
Sometimes, all a site needs is an excellent domain name. For example, consider a domain name like goop.com. It’s unique, easy to remember, and piques interest. This domain name belongs to a highly successful luxury lifestyle business. If you also use your site to make money, you might want to consider brainstorming for a cool domain name like this. Here are the rules: it has to be short, simple, easy to remember, and cannot contain symbols like dashes or hyphens.
People can make a good first impression with a rare name. Likewise, an uncommon but highly practical domain name can get your site trending better than any marketing tactic. Follow the rules mentioned above to generate a great domain name for your site. If it’s bad now, seriously consider buying a new domain name.
Tools To Find a Perfect Domain Name
- Namevine – Checks availability of internet domains, as well social media accounts.
- Name Mesh – Generate ideas for social user names and check availability for free!
- Business Name Generator – Generate business names and check domain availability instantly
- Knowem – KnowEm allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name on multiple social networks.
- NameCheckr – Check domain and social username availability across multiple networks.
- Lean Domain Search – Find a great available domain name for your website in seconds.
Click Here for more Marketing & SEO Tools