What Is a Landing Page?
A landing page (or landing page) is a web page on a website created for the purpose of encouraging visitors to take an action, such as making a purchase or filling out a contact form.
Landing Pages are a crucial component of online marketing for both business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies.
Landing pages are designed specifically with conversion rates in mind, which is why they should be treated as a separate entity from your website’s general content.
They’re designed for one specific reason, and it’s to promote a specific product or service. You probably saw many landing pages on the web before. They are usually much less cluttered than a typical home page or regular website page. They may contain such elements as form, testimonials, a list of benefits, possibly an explanatory video or a graphic, a clear call-to-action, and possibly a few other supporting elements.
You can use landing pages to collect the visitor’s name, email address, or phone number in exchange for something of value. Landing pages also have very specific calls to action (CTA) and are designed to draw people with a specific objective in mind. If you want to get more traffic or leads to your business, then you need to think about using landing pages.
Inspirational Landing Page Galleries
Need inspiration? Here are few landing page galleries you can browse to get you inspired.
- Landingfolio: Best Landing Pages
- One Page Landing Page Websites
- Inspiring Landing Page by Unbounce
- Land Book Landing Page Gallery
Most businesses use landing pages to capture a visitor’s attention as well as request their information. Such pages will typically be straightforward, offering concise copy that seeks to pique the interest of the reader and encourage them to develop a relationship with the company. For some businesses, this may be a “Create an Account” signup or a “Request a Quote” form. For others, it may be something as simple as subscribing to an email newsletter.
What is the main purpose of a landing page?
Landing pages are one of the most important tools for any digital marketing campaign. Landing pages provide a crucial conversion point within your funnel. If your website does not have a landing page for your marketing campaigns, you are missing out on conversions and potentially losing money.
The purpose of a landing page is to entice visitors, convert them into leads and close them as customers. It should provide enough information about the offer without overwhelming visitors with too many words. It should also have a call-to-action button or link that will prompt visitors to take an action such as signing up for a free trial, purchasing a product or filling out a form
Need help creating a landing page. Here is a great article Top Tools for Creating Winning Landing Pages (link)
• Be Creative, But Follow Guidelines: the Landing page must be attractive and well-designed in order to grab visitor attention. Don’t be afraid to show some originality, however you might also want to stick to what works by studying well designed pages designed by marketing companies that have done a lot of testing and know what works and what doesn’t. You can find links to the landing page galleries on this page to find excellent examples of creative landing page design.
Do you need help with your website?Services We Offer:
- Medical Website Design
- Health WordPress Development
- Website Maintenance
- Medial SEO & Digital Marketing
• Be Concise & To The Point: A landing page is not the place for lengthy company history, comprehensive product guides, or rambling on about anything. Content should be quick and easy to read, give a concise overview of “what’s in it” for the reader, and then finish with a call to action that encourages further development of the client/company relationship.
• Consider Multimedia: While multimedia may not be appropriate for every landing page, it can be an amazing tool to use. By embedding things like a short video presentation, images, or a slideshow, you may be able to explain the services better and also be more efficient at capturing user attention.
• Simplify Forms: When creating your form for the landing page where clients land, keep in mind that most visitors are busy, and will tend to avoid difficult signup procedures or lengthy forms. Make it simple, asking for only the minimum information at first. Once you have obtained this, you can use it to get more in depth information later on from the consumer if needed.
• Include a clear call to action: The main goal of the landing page is to force visitors to take the next step and is designed to provoke an immediate response. Whether it’s filling out the form, call or email or download the book, you need to make this very clear. Call to action needs to be placed prominently on the page, so people know exactly what they need to do.
• Make It Mobile. Since a lot of the traffic these days is coming from people using their phones, it’s likely your landing page will be viewed on mobile devices so it needs to be responsive and load very quickly. Otherwise, you will lose many visitors who simply will leave if the page is hard to see on their phone, and it slows to load.
Follow these guidelines to ensure your landing page is well-designed and can easily convert the visitors into leads by making them want to take the next step after looking through your landing page.