Finding a great domain name can be a hassle. It seems every time you come up with a perfect domain name and get excited, only to find out that somebody is already beat you to it and it’s unavailable.
Even if you find the domain that’s available, the same name might already be taken on social networks. This means you’re stuck using different names for all your social media accounts. This lack of consistency will weaken your brand recognition and make it harder for others to find you.
Luckily there are many excellent, free tools available that let you quickly search online to find the best domain names that are available and can be registered. And if the domain you wanted has already been registered, you can browse through thousands of alternatives, to see if you can find the one you like. In the past, I ended up finding a better domain than the one I started with after spending time browsing through alternative choices that these tools presented.
In addition to the basic domain checking feature, many of these tools will show if the same name is available on all social networks. This can even be done with a single search tool. You can save many hours of searching by using a single service and seeing what’s available everywhere.
When you’re looking for domain names try to keep them short and memorable. It is still better to go with domains that have .com extension. If possible avoid using misspellings, numbers, and hyphens and make it easy for people to type it.
Do you need help with your website?Services We Offer:
- Medical Website Design
- Health WordPress Development
- Website Maintenance
- Medical SEO & Digital Marketing
What happens after you find the perfect domain name that’s available? The next thing you need to do is register your domain. I prefer to use the same company for both hosting and domain registration. In my case it’s HostGator. Almost every hosting company, GoDaddy, BlueHost, HostGator will let you register your domain name with them. Even Google now has a service, Google Domains for registering domains. Typically, you would pay on a yearly basis. Domain registration runs about $10-15 per year and you can prepay for a longer period so you don’t have to remember to renew every year.
Below is the list of my top 10 favorite domain research tools I use every time I need to find a perfect domain name.
Domain Name Search Tools
- Namevine – Instantly Find A Domain Name With Matching Social Media Profiles.
- Spotify Business Name Generator – Spotify generate business names and check domain availability instantly. It also provides many great options if your domain is not available.
- NameCheckr – Check domain and social username availability across multiple networks.
- Knowem – KnowEm allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, and personal name on all social networks.
- Nominus – the complete domain name generator tool. Shows suggestions and related domains for more options.
- Lean Domain Search – Find a great available domain name for your website in seconds.
- Name Boy – NameBoy has been around for a long time. This tool will generate domain names based on the keywords you enter. It will generate similar domains that are available.
- JustDropped – Use this service to find recently expired domains. Subscribe to their newsletter to receive a daily list of all deleted domains.
- Panabee – Domain name searches and suggestions
Other Best Domain Name Search Tools Lists
- 12 Excellent Tools for Picking a Domain Name – 12 neat web tools that will lend you a hand in finding and choosing domain names
- Top 10 Domain Name Tools for Finding the Best Domain Names– Take a look at 10 of the popular domain name suggestion tools.
- 15 Best Domain Name Generators – Try one of these top 15 domain generators, listed in no particular order, and save yourself some hair-pulling.
Choosing a domain name is one of the most difficult steps of starting your blog. It can be hard to find a catchy and easy-to-remember name for your website or blog. by following the tips and using name-finding tools in this post, you’ll be able to find a perfect name for your website.