18 Feb Why Link Building Is Still Important for Website SEO
WhY Link Building IS STILL Important
Link building has always been an important part of search engine marketing and search engine optimization. Your website reputation depended on how many other sites were linking to you and this signaled Google that your site is popular which lead to higher rankings and better search engine position. As the matter of fact, it used to be the foundation block and one of the most important factors when it came to ranking by Google.
Unfortunately many webmasters caught on and it resulted with all kinds of black hat SEO strategies being implemented to trick search engines. Some of these techniques included proliferation of link farms and fake web sites, as well as tons of other strategies that now are penalized by Google and can even get you completely banned if you were found to practice them.
Is Link Building Dead?
So does this mean link building is dead? Absolutely not.
SEO and SEM environment has changed dramatically in the last few years and it keeps changing on a daily basis, but link building, still plays an important role when it comes higher rankings and search engine positioning.
Links coming from other sites, still influence the way Google adjust its search engine results. However, Google is now much more selective in picking winners and losers based on what sites are linking to them. Now the quality of links matters much more than quantity. Links that really count, must come from popular, well established sites. There are many factors that Google looks at before deciding which links matter the most and which should be ignored or even penalized for.
Whether you have a brand new website or a well established online brand, you have to constantly work on getting backlinks from well-known websites. Top SEO experts like Neil Patel and Brian Dean always point out that in order for your website to succeed, you need to do at least two things well. First, you must be able to create great content and second, you must be able to get valuable links back to your website.
Essential Link Building Articles:
- How to Get High Quality Backlinks (Without Guest Posting) – Well-researched article from Brian Dean from Backlinko, who is an expert in link building and content creation.
- How To Build High Quality Backlinks – Another excellent post about link building. This one is from Neil Patel. Neil always posts well-researched articles with lots of screenshots, charts, and statistics.
- 51+ Ways to Get Quality Backlinks To Your Blog in 2021 – Nice list of tips on how to get quality backlinks to your website.
- How to Build Backlinks in 2017 (NEW Guide) – Backlinks are essential to every successful SEO campaign. This new guide will teach how to build backlinks in 2017.
- 10 Smart Ways to Earn or Build Backlinks to Your Website – This one comes from Entrepreneur. The article includes examples, charts and tips on how to apply these strategies to your website.