Browse Best Free Web Design and Graphic Design Tools
All graphic design tools that appear on this list are either free or have a free basic account, you can sign up and use it without paying.
Web Design Tools Categories
- 480+ Tools & Resources for IT Professionals– All kind of goodies for Web development & Graphic Designers. This one is posted on template monster site.
- 113 Visual Marketing Tools and Apps – Great list of amazing tools posted on wishpond blog
- Free-visual-content-tools-list – Hubspot put a nice list of visual creation tools
- 100+ CSS Resources For Web Designers And Developers – An excellent list of CSS resources to help you learn it.
Free Design Tools to Create Visual Content
- Canva – Canva is my favorite tool for creating beautiful graphics. They have many templates and free images and shapes anyone can use to design elements, attractive visuals to use.
- Crello – Another excellent graphic creation app. Similar to Canva with more options. Chose the type of graphic you want and then select from pre-existing templates.
- Adobe Express – Similar to Canva, but this tool focuses more on social media size graphics.
- Pablo – Content creation tool similar to Canva. Choose or upload an image and add a stylish font to create graphics for your blog or builders website.
- Picmonkey – Add filters, frames, text, and effects to images with our free online photo editing tool!
- Stencil – Online tool to help you create stunning images. You can select from thousands of royalty-free photos for your design. Free account limits you to 10 images per month.
Free Online Photo Editors
- Polarr – A free advanced photo editing app. Easy to use, fast with many photo filters.
- PIxlr X Online Editor – A free online image editor. Enables to fix, adjust, and filter images in a browser. Fast & powerful. If you know Photoshop, you will like Pixlr.
- Sumo Paint – Browser-based online image editor and drawing application.
- Fotor – Fotor Photo Editor is a free online designer online and editing tool catering to all your photographic and image creation needs! Add filters, frames, text, stickers.
- BeFunky – BeFunky Photo Editor lets you apply photo effects, edit photos and create photo collages with collage maker.
- iPiccy – Many powerful and easy-to-use photo editing features. This online tool is perfect for beginners because it’s user-friendly and easy to learn
- Photopea – Free and easy-to-use photo editor. Similar to photoshop in design and functionality.
- Ribbet – Easy to use and powerful photo editing tools for every occasion. Start from scratch or pick a template, then add effects, text, and stickers that suit your style and empower your creative process.
- Gimp – The Free & Open Source Image Editor. GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows, and more operating systems.
Image Compression Tools
- Squoosh – One of the latest apps for image compression from Google. It offers a quick and easy way to compress and resize your images. Use Squoosh to compress and compare images with different codecs, right in your browser.
- Tiny PNG – This free online tool uses a smart lossy compression technique to greatly reduce the size of your Transparent PNG.
- Compressor.io – Compressor.io is a powerful online tool for reducing drastically the size of your images and photos whilst maintaining a high quality with almost no difference before and after compression.
- JPEGmini – JPEGmini is another great tool. They have two options avilable. You can either reduce the size of your photo online by uploading your photos or download a desktop app for Windows or Mac. There is a free trial version that doesn’t expire and allows you to shrink for up to 20 images a day. Nice.
- Optimizilla – This online image optimizer uses a smart combination of the best optimization and lossy compression algorithms to shrink JPEG and PNG images to the minimum possible size while keeping the required level of quality.
- Image Resizer – Easily Compress Images Online. Advanced PNG and JPEG compressor for reducing file size without quality loss.
Upscale & Enhance Images
- AI Image Upscaler – Increase the size of your images without losing the quality.
Online Logo Generator Tools
Create Your Personal Logo Quickly and Easily!
Create your own unique logo in seconds with the Logaster logo generator! With the Logaster free logo maker, you can create and download a small-size logotype without watermarks. It’s absolutely free!
Free Tools To Remove Background From Images
Resize Images for Social Media
- Google Fonts – An excellent selection of high-quality fonts from Google. These fonts are free and easy to integrate into your website.
- Canva Font Combination – Folks at Canva created this tool that makes it very easy to find a perfect font combination for your next online project. If you’re looking to find a nice font combo for your website, this is a good place to start.
- Typecast – Test drive Google fonts. See how google fonts look on the web page.
CSS Code Generators
- Colorzilla CSS Gradient Generator – A powerful Photoshop-like CSS gradient editor from ColorZilla.
- CSS3 Factory Gradient Generator – Another great tool that generates css gradient styles
- CSS Matic Gradient Generator – The ultimate CSS tools for web designers. Also generating border-radius, noise-texture, and box shadow.
- Colour Lovers – COLOUR Lovers is a creative community where people from around the world create and share colors, palettes, and patterns.
- Adobe Kuler: Color Wheel – Create color schemes with the color wheel or browse thousands of color combinations from the Kuler community.
- HTML Color Picker – Searching for that perfect color has never been easier, use our HTML color picker to browse millions of colors and color harmonies.
- Coolor – Create, save and share perfect palettes in seconds!
- W3S Color Picker – Well organized and easy to use color picker.
- Flat Color Palette – Flat color palette you can use.
- Pexels – Best free stock photos in one place. High-quality free stock photos.
- Pixabay – Free searchable images and videos you can use anywhere. All images and videos on Pixabay are released free of copyrights under Creative Commons. (Attribution is not required).
- Unsplash – Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos. Popular images of business, nature, everyday life. (Attribution may be required.)
- Picjumbo – Browse and download hi-res photos. (Searchable. Attribution is not required).
- LibreStock – Search the best 47 free stock photo websites in one place. High-quality do-what-ever-you-want stock photos.
- PhotoPin – Search millions of Creative Commons photos and add them to your blog posts easily.
- Gratisography – Free high-resolution pictures you can use on your personal and commercial projects. All photos by Ryan McGuire and free of copyright restrictions. ((Attribution is not required).
- Compfight – Compfight is an image search engine tailored to efficiently locate images for blogs, comps, inspiration, and research.
- Start-up Stock Photos – Free photos for startups, bloggers, publishers, websites, designers, developers, creators, & everyone else.
- Death to the Stock Photo – Photos, videos & other fuel for your creative projects.
Bonus: (More lists of free stock websites below
- 22 Awesome Websites with Stunning Free Stock Images – Nice list from Shopify.
- 50 Free Image Sites – List of 50 Free image stock sites from Fizzle.
Screen Recording Apps
- Screencast-O-Matic – Screencast O Matic offers both a Windows Client and a Web-based screen recording feature. It’s quick and easy to use. Simply launch and start using with a single click. Finished videos, which can be up to 15 minutes long, can be exported as MP4, AVI, or FLV files, uploaded to YouTube or saved to the Screencast-o-Matic site.
- Open Broadcaster Software – OBS is the best screencasting and streaming tool when it comes to free screencasting software. It does have a lot of features that might take some time to learn if you’ a novice user.
- Jing – Jing allows you to instantly capture images and record video on your computer and share them with anyone. Jing is a great free tool for adding basic visual elements to all of your online conversations
- Use Loom – Chrome extension that allows you to do screen share recording. A free account allows up to 10 minutes of video recording.