Browse Best Free SEO & Marketing Tools
Below is a growing list of free SEO and online marketing tools. New tools are added weekly so please bookmark this page to see what tools have been added. All links found in this list are divided into logical categories including page optimization tools, SEO tools, website analytics tools, keyword checking tools, backlinking tools, etc.
Marketing Tools Categories
Need more resources? Below are more links with comprehensive lists of free SEO and internet marketing tools.
- Brian Dean: SEO Tools: The Complete List (2017 Update)
- The 100 Best Free SEO Tools – The 100 Best Free SEO Tools & Resources from Moz
- 24 Free and Easy SEO Tools – List of 24 Free and Easy SEO Tools from Buffer
- Yoast Free SEO Tools List – List of tools from Yoast.
- 250+ Free SEO Tools List – Another top-notch list of seo tools. This one is from Webpage FX.
- Fortune Lords SEO Tools List – Another comprehensive list of SEO Tools with descriptions and details about each.
- The Best SEO Tools of 2017 from PC Mag – PC Mag reviews the best SEO tools to use in 2017 and explains the main principles of SEO.
If you want to find a similar list of web design and freelance resources, please check out our new page with the list of best web design and graphic design tools.
Best Free Web Analytics Tools
- SEMrush Free Plan – Discover your competitors, improve your SEO, and boost your rankings. A free account provides a decent amount of information and allows you to track rankings of 10 keywords. SEMRush also offers other helpful tools for analyzing your competition, brainstorming content ideas, and everything else you need to improve your SEO scores and search engine rankings.
- ahrefs Free Webmaster Tools ( ahrefs now offer many great tools for free as part of their webmaster tools set (ahrefs Review).
- Google Analytics – Free, extremely useful analytics tool from Google. Monitor your website traffic, bounce rate, traffic sources, and other valuable information about your website.
- Google Search Console – A free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site’s presence. You can perform such tasks as checking for website errors, submitting sitemaps, and seeing what content gets the most clicks.
- Console Rocket – Console Rocket is simply a better way to view your Google search console information. It’s designed to make SEO, content marketing, and web admin much more effective than the data you can see in your regular Google console account.
- Hotjar Analytics – Superb analytics tool to help you better understand your web and mobile site visitors. It’s free for personal websites with low traffic. It also generates handy heatmaps showing how visitors interact with your web pages.
Best Free Webmaster Online SEO Tools
- Google Webmaster Tools – Collection of Google Webmaster Tools to help you maintain your website.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – Webmaster Tools will help you mainstream your site and make sure your site it’s error-free and accessible at all times.
- SEO Book Webmaster Tools – Free, but require registration.
- Majestic SEO – Great set of tools for SEO and Website Optimization. The basic level is free.
- Rob Hammond Webmaster Tools – Nice set of tools to check your site seo standings.
- SEO Tools: The Complete List (153 Tools Reviewed and Rated) – Great list of SEO Tools from Backlinko
Best Free SEO Website Graders
- Seoptimer – Quick And Simple SEO Audit Of Any Web Page. Enter an URL address and get a free SEO analysis!
- Sitechecker.pro – Comprehensive SEO Audit. Get estimates for 156 parameters on one page.
- Open Site Explorer – Great search engine for links. Great tool for link analysis.
- SEO Reviewer – Instantly Analyze Your SEO Issues. Identify Your SEO Mistakes And Better Optimize Your Site Content.
- Nibbler – Nibbler analyses the URL and creates a checklist of areas needing improvement.
- WooRank – WooRank is known to be one of the most comprehensive website analyzers. Shows various stats like Usability, SEO, and On-page factor
- Hubspot Marketing Grader – This tool helps you find out how your digital marketing impacts your entire sales and social media marketing funnel from the top 100 to the middle.
- Quick Sprout Website Analyzer – This tool grades the website, content, and social media presence and generates a score for traffic, speed, SEO and social share.
- Web CEO Site Optimization – nice tool for optimizing and keyword research. A free account gets you 2 projects.
- Internet Ninjas – Give you a report on your site including backlinks, keyword density, etc. Nice.
- Similarweb – A free top-level insight report to gather highlights of structured data about your own website or customers.
- SEO Site Checkup – Various factors influencing your SEO and tips on how you can fix your seo website problems
- Moz Local – Check how your online small business rate on local business directories
- Mobile-Friendly Test tool – Google – Check to see if your website is optimized for mobile devices.
Find The Value of Your Website
- Stat Show – Wondering how much your website is worth? This tool will measure your traffic and will tell you the worth of your website based on the statistics available
Free Page Speed Testing Tools
- Check Page Speed Online – Google page speed tester
- Pingdom Website Speed Test – Enter a URL to test the load time of that page, analyze it and find bottlenecks.
- GMetrix Website Speed Tool – GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
- Mobile Website Speed Testing Tool – Google – Tool by Google to test how mobile-friendly your site is.
- WebPagetest – Great tool for checking your website speed
Best Free Keyword Research Tools
- Keyword Planner by Google – Best known Keyword research tool from Google. Not as good as it used to be.
- Übersuggest – free keyword suggestion tool that makes good use of different suggest services.
- KWFinder – KWFinder is an easy-to-use keyword research tool bringing perfect keyword ideas. Find long-tail keywords with low SEO difficulty.
- LSIGraph: LSI Keyword Generator – LSI Graph finds semantically linked and related keywords.
- MOZ Keyword Explorer – One tool to discover and prioritize the best keywords to target
- Word Stream Keyword Tool – Another great keyword tool
- LSI Keyword Generator – Start generating Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) Keywords for your SEO needs.
- Keyword Discovery – Another Keyword Suggestion Tool
- Free Serps SEO Tools – A free, blazing fast SEO tools for keyword research from Serps
- KeywordTool.io – Find Great Keywords Using Google Autocomplete
- SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool – Free but requires registration
- Soovle – Explore the most typed in keywords on multiple search engines based on the keyword root
- Google Insights for Search
- SERPSTAT – Track your main competitors and improve your content, as well as your SEO and PPC efforts.
Competitor Analysis Tools
Use these tools to analyze your seo competitors.
- Keyword Spy – a great place to do your keyword research
- Moz Open Site Explorer – Research backlinks, find link-building opportunities and learn from your competitors
- SpyFu – Find out what keywords your competitor is running ads for
Best Free Back Link Analyzers
- Open Site Explorer from SEOMoz – Link popularity checker & backlink analysis tool
- Neil Patel Backlinks Tool – Find out who links to you and your competition with our free backlink checker. Use it to build links and boost your rankings.
- Small SEO Tools Backlink Checker – Easily check and monitor backlinks for a particular domain.
- Majestic SEO – Another very useful backlink tool to help you figure out which site links to you.
- Open Link Profiler – monitor newly added links linking to your website
- W3C Link Checker – check links and anchors in Web pages or full Web sites
Broken Link Checker
- Dead Link Checker – Site Checker is a free tool, which crawls through your website identifying broken links for you to fix.
- Broken Link Checker – Free online Tool by Atomseo.
- Dr. Link Broken Link Checker – Easily find broken and malicious links
- Online Broken Link Checker – This useful online tool allows you to see check for all the broken links on your website.
Duplicate Content Checker
- Dupli Checker – Use DupliChecker.com plagiarism checker for free plagiarism detection with immediate results. You can either paste text or upload the file to see if there is a duplicate online.
- Copyscape – You can search for duplicate content by entering the url of the page you want to check.
- Plagium – Another plagiarism detection service. Enter the text you want to check for and see if there any duplicates online already.
- Plagiarisma – Free online plagiarism checker for students, teachers, scholars, educators, scientists, essayists, writers. Either enter the text you want to check or paste the url to search for duplicates.
Keyword Position Checkers
- HUBShout – Discover the value of your website’s organic rankings! See unlimited current keyword rankings!
- SERP Lab Free Google SERP Checker – Check your Search Engine Ranking Position quickly and accurately using SERPLAB free tool. You can check up to 5 keywords at a time.
- SERP Surf – Serp Surf is a quick and reliable SERP CHECKER that checks the Search Engine Ranking Position of your website for free.
- SEO Centro SERP Checker – Part of SEO Centro Toolset. Searches a single keyword and shows its position in Google and Yahoo search results.
- Keyword Rank Checker – Another keyword rank tracker. This one is from the Small SEO Tools website. Checks positions of up to 10 keywords at a time.
Blog Topic Generators
- Hubspot Blog Ideas Generator – If you need to come up with the topic for your next blog post, you can use this tool to generate some headlines to get you started.
- Fat Joe Blog Title Generator – Quickly and easily generate remarkable ideas for your next killer blog post.
- Impact Blog About Headline Generator – fill-in-the-blank headline generator tool.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator. – Enter a keyword for a fun and get random titles generated you can use for your next blog
- SEOPressor Blog Title Generator – part of lsigraph, this tools allows to quickly generate topics for your blog
- SEO Professor Blog Title Generators – Get endless suggestion, catchy titles, and other creative blogging topics.
- Inbound Now Blog Title Idea Generator – This tool generates generic titles that you can use to fit your content.
Headline Analyzers Tools
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer – Write Headlines That Drive Traffic, Shares, And Search Results. Get an overall headline quality score and its headline potential in shares, seo, and traffic value.
- Sharethrough Headline Tool – Learn how engaging is your headline.
Email Subject Line and Spam Analyzer
- Zurb Subject Preview Tool – See how your subject line and pre-header text will appear on the most popular mobile devices.
- Email Subject Line Grader – Score your email subject line and suggestions on how you can improve it.
- Spam Check by Postmark – Instantly check the spam score of your email message.
Content and Headline Research Tools
- Answer The Public – To get more traffic to your posts, you need to offer solutions. This site helps you find out questions people ask. This site uses Google search engine to discover the questions people ask using Google and Bing autocomplete feature.
- Quora – Another Q&A platform. Search for the topic you’re interested in and see what issues people are having by looking through questions they ask. You can also get traffic from this site by answering the questions people ask.
- Buzzsumo – Buzzsumo helps find the most popular content that’s being shared on social media. By analyzing the results, you can determine what you should focus on.
Social Media Tools
- HootSuite – One of the best Social Media management applications. Allows you to post to Facebook pages and Twitter Accounts from a single admin dashboard, schedule posts at later times and tons of other useful features. Upgrading to Pro allows unlimited social accounts plus allows you to add multiple administrators who can manage posts. Free account limits you to 3 social networks.
- TweetDeck – This free app was purchased by Twitter and allows users to organize and manage Twitter content using columns and filters. It’s similar in look and feel to Hootsuite.
- Buffer – Buffer is a great tool for scheduling multiple posts and track the performance of your content on social media. A free account allows you to connect to a three social networks and limits number of posts per month.
- ContentStudio – ContentStudio is a social media management platform to discover engaging content, share on multiple networks and amplify your content marketing. Free account allows you to connect to two social media account.
- Dlvr.it – Smart Social Media Automation. Connect your XML feed to social media and share your content automatically.
- IFTTT – If This Then That allows you to connect all kinds of apps and services. You can use your RSS feed to post to social media automatically and you can also connect all your social media accounts so they can work together seamlessly.
Domain Name Research
- Nominus – The most complete domain name generator tool
- Business Name Generator – Generate business names and check domain availability instantly
- Knowem – KnowEm allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name on multiple social networks.
- NameCheckr – Check domain and social username availability across multiple networks.
- Lean Domain Search – Find a great available domain name for your website in seconds.
SEO Free Desktop Programs
- Xenu Link Sleuth – This is a desktop tool you need to download that crawls your website and checks for broken links and other problems. It’s also free.
- Screaming Frog SEO Software – The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a small desktop program (PC or Mac) which crawls websites’ links, images, CSS, script and apps from an SEO perspective.Broken Link Checker – Free online Tool by Atomse