If you want to grow traffic to your website, you need to make sure it loads fast. If your site takes more than 3 seconds, the visitors will likely abandon it before it loads and will never return. That is why it’s important to regularly test and analyze website load speed using the best website speed checker tools.
Why should you use website speed testing tools?
There are several reasons why you might want to use website speed testing tools:
- Performance: Faster loading times can improve the user experience of your website and will lead to higher conversion rates.
- SEO: Google has stated that site speed is a ranking factor, so a faster website may rank higher in search results.
- Cost: A slower website can use more server resources, which can increase hosting costs.
- Competitive analysis: You may want to compare the speed of your website to your competitor’s websites to see how you stack up.
- Debugging: If your website is loading slowly, a speed testing tool can help you identify the specific issues that are causing the slowdowns so you can fix them.
Website speed is one of the most important factors that determine how well you rank in search engine results. Faster-loading websites tend to benefit from higher SEO rankings and lower bounce rates, which leads to a better overall user experience. This is why it is important you take advantage of free website test speed tools to measure and improve your site’s speed.
There are many reasons to run a speed test on your website. By testing and analyzing your website performance, you can find out what might cause your website to be slow. Many free speed optimization tools can check common issues and also find more technical problems that your website might be experiencing. These tools can show if your images might need to be optimized, if you should apply minification to your scripts, or if your assets are loading correctly from the CDN.
Remember, if you can’t measure and analyze your website performance, you won’t know what might be wrong with your website, so you won’t know what you need to fix.
Page speed performance tests should be mandatory for any website to ensure it performs well and not experience any serious issues that can hinder its loading time.
How to choose the best website speed test tools for you?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a website speed test tool:
- Accuracy: Look for a tool that provides accurate and reliable results. Some tools may not accurately reflect real-world performance or may not test from locations that are relevant to your target audience.
- Features: Consider what features are important to you. Some tools may offer more advanced features like the ability to test from multiple locations, simulate different devices and connection speeds, or track performance over time.
- Ease of use: Choose a tool that is easy to use and understand. Some tools may be more complex or require more technical knowledge to interpret the results.
- Cost: Consider your budget when choosing a tool. Some tools may be free, while others may have a cost associated with them.
- Compatibility: Make sure the tool is compatible with your website and any other tools or systems you are using.
Overall, the best website speed test tool for you will depend on your specific needs and goals. It may be helpful to try out a few different tools to see which one works best for you.
So if you’re looking to test your website for speed and performance, there are a number of free website speed testing tools available online. Many tools don’t require you to register and provide tons of information you can use to help you optimize your website.
Google PageSpeed Insights
This is one of the most popular tools used by millions to test the speed of their website. It grades a website on a scale of 1 to 100 – with the higher number reflecting how optimized the site is. Based on industry standards, anything above 85 means your website is performing really well. Google PageSpeed insights give insights for both desktop and mobile versions of your site and you can also view recommendations on how to improve your sites such as what you need to do to the images and the type of content you need to remove or change to reduce page load speed.
Pingdom Website Speed Tool
Do you need help with your website?Services We Offer:
- Medical Website Design
- Health WordPress Development
- Website Maintenance
- Medial SEO & Digital Marketing
Pingdom Speed test tool is another useful app for running a website speed test. This tool creates reports divided into different sections which include a breakdown of your page analysis, history, devices, and performance grade. With the analysis gleaned from Pingdom, you can easily compare your asset size against your domain, and check out the request per domain and the type of content that gets the most requests. Another cool feature about Pingdom is that it allows you to test your website from different locations from Texas to Melbourne to Stockholm, so you can have a feel of what other customers go through when they try to visit your site.
GTmetrix goes a step further by creating reports on your site’s Page Speed and YSlow metrics. With this tool, you will be able to see PageSpeed. Once you register on GTmetrix, you can test your site speed from seven different locations and chose different browsers, as well as compare and contrast your website performance against various connection types such as cable as against dial-up to see how they all affect your page loads.
This is quite similar to tools already reviewed it has more locations where you can test from different browsers as well. WebPageTest offers 40 locations where you can test your site speed performance and 25 browsers to choose from. It uses a grade from F to A based on performance tests on key areas of your site such as the FTTB, caching, and effective use of CDN. WebPageTest has a different approach to the rest of the tools in this article, as it uses a unique approach to its speed test. It has what it calls a ‘first view’ and a ‘repeat view’ which is great for diagnosing the 1st time DNS lookup delay.
Use these website optimization tools to check the speed of your website. By measuring and improving performance you can make the necessary changes to your pages and by doing so increase the ranking of your website.
Because the load speed of the website is one of the factors Google uses it’s not more important than ever to use website speed testing tools to identify and address performance issues, improve the user experience of your website, and potentially improve your search engine rankings and bottom line.
Looking for more Website Speed Test Tools, check out the resource below:
INFOGRAPHIC: FREE WEBSITE SPEED TESTING TOOLS
Want to share this image on your site? Just copy and paste the embed code below: