Switching from Full time to freelancer can be a challenging move. Fortunately, there are many tools to help you transition successfully. With so many amazing tools available online for free, it’s becoming easier every day to achieve success working as a freelance designer or developer. Below is the list of essential free tools to help you successfully manage your online freelance business.
Here are more resources and links to top freelance tools
- 50 Tools You Need To Get Your Freelance Business Started
- 30 Essential Tools and Web Apps for Freelancers– All kind of goodies for Web & Graphic Designers. This one is posted on template monster site.
- Best Freelance Tools from Hellowbonsai
- 50 Essential Resources for Online Freelancers & Entrepreneurs
- Wave – Create and send professional invoices, estimates and receipts in seconds. Track the status of your invoices and payments so you can know when to expect money in your bank account.
- Skype – Skype has been around for a long time and for a good reason. It’s easy to setup and allows you to make easily communicate to all your clients. Skype allows you to send files, IM, call and do screen sharing with your clients.
- Slack – The popularity of slcack exploded in the last year. It’s a wonderful tool to real time messaging app that allows you to send files, create teams and utilize many more features for all your business communications.
- Zoom – Great tool to use for conducting online meetings. Free account allows unlimited number of meeting with video capabilities, but the duration of meeting is limited to 40 minutes.
- Join.me – Free conferencing tool with lots of great features for conducing a video meeting.
- Free Go To Meeting – GoToMeeting Free makes it easy to collaborate with up to 3 clients and colleagues around the corner or around the world using your Chrome browser.
- Free Conference Call – Host or join free conference calls or meeting with other participants.
Online FTP Manager
- Net2FTP – Connect to your FTP server and start editing your website.
- Toggl – With Toggl you track time in real time. You never lose a minute of your billable time. If you forget to switch it on, then enter time later on. Organize your time by projects or tags, and mark it as “billable”. Many users will find free version sufficient.
- Paymo – Online project management app that helps deliver projects on budget and on time, by eliminating bottlenecks through accurate tracking and reporting. Paymo is free for up to 3 clients. If you only work on 3 projects, free version should suffice.
- Timely – Simple time tracking software. Timely encourages you to fill in the hours your workd on specific project.
- Freelancy Time Tracker – Freelancey lets your turn time tracked into invoices, quickly and easily up project completion. This one is not free, but for $29/lifetime account it’s a still a great deal.