Below is a comprehensive and growing list of Free SEO Tools aimed at helping web designers and developers to boost marketing potential of their websites. Almost all tools are either free or have free versions anyone can use. The online marketing tools found on this list include page optimization tools, website analysis tools, social media tools, SERP and keyword checking tools, backlinking checking tools and other tools that will be useful for anyone looking to improve their website performance.
Need more? Check out these comprehensive resources on the web.
Nothing beats this excellent SEO tools list from Backlinko.com. It was put together and is managed by Brian Dean, who keeps it current with all the latest valuable tools as they become available.
You can find even more amazing resources using the links below.
- The 100 Best Free SEO Tools – The 100 Best Free SEO Tools & Resources from Moz
- 24 Free and Easy SEO Tools – List of 24 Free and Easy SEO Tools from Buffer
- Yoast Free SEO Tools List – List of tools from Yoast.
- 250+ Free SEO Tools List – Another top notch list of seo tools. This one is from Webpage FX.
If you want to find the similar list of web design and freelance resources, please check out our new page specifically created to list web design and freelance related tools.
Best Free Web Analytics Tools
- Google Analytics – Free, extremely useful tool from Google. Must have for any site. Monitor your website traffic, bounce rate, traffic sources, and other valuable information.
- Hotjar Analytics – Superb analytics tool to help you better understand your web and mobile site visitors. It’s free for personal websites with low traffic. It also generates handy heatmaps showing how visitors interact with your web pages.
- Stat Counter – Real Time Tool showing website visitors
Best Free Webmaster Online SEO Tools
- Google Webmaster Tools – Webmaster Tools will help you mainstream your site and make sure your site if error free and accessible at all times.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – Webmaster Tools will help you mainstream your site and make sure your site if error free and accessible at all times.
- SEO Book Webmaster Tools – Free, but require registration.
- Majestic SEO – Great set of tools for SEO and Website Optimization. Basic level is free.
- Rob Hammond Webmaster Tools – Nice set of tools to check your site seo standings.
- SEO Tools: The Complete List (153 Tools Reviewed and Rated) – Great list of SEO Tools from Backlinko
- Free SEO Tools from Webmaster World Forum – Nice selection of many SEO toolds for webmaster.
Best Free SEO Website Graders
- Open Site Explorer – Great search engine for links. Great tool for link analysis.
- Website Grader – Simple tool to check how strong is your website and what might be wrong with it.
- WooRank – WooRank is known to be one of the most comprehensive website analyzers. Shows various stats like Usability, SEO and On page factor
- Hubspot Marketing Grader – This tool helps you find out how your marketing impacts your entire sales and marketing funnel from the top to the middle.
- GTMetrix – Checks the load speed of web page.
- Nibbler – Nibbler analyses the URL and creates a checklist of areas needing improvement.
- Hobspot Marketing Grader – analyze your marketing and get a report with over 30 different factors to help you make improvements.
- Product Hunt Website Grader – Website grader from Product Hunt
- Quick Sprout Website Analyzer – This tool grades the website, content and social media presence and generates a score for traffic, speed, SEO and social share.
- Web CEO Site Optimization – nice tool for optimizing and keyword research. Free account gets you 2 projects.
- Internet Ninjas – Give you a report on your site including backlinks, keyword density, etc. Nice.
- Similarweb – A free top-level insight report to gather highlights of data about your own website or customers.
- SEO Site Checkup – Various factors influencing your SEO and tips on how on how you can fix your seo website problems
- Moz Local – Check how your online business rate on local business directories
Find The Value of Your Website
- Stat Show – Wondering how much your website is worth? This tool will measure your traffic and will tell you the worth of your website based on the statistics available
Free Page speed & Mobile TestingTools
- Mobile Website Speed Testing Tool – Google – Tool by Google to test how mobile-friendly your site is.
- Google Page Speed Tools – Great tool for checking and improving your website speed from Google
- Page Speed Grader – Check your website’s page speed with detailed breakdown of what might be slowing down your website.
- Check Page Speed Online – Google page speed tester
- GMetrix Website Speed Tool – GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
- Mobile-Friendly Test tool – Google – Check to see if your website is optimized for mobile devices. Handy little tool from Google.
Best Free Keyword Research Tools
- Keyword Planner by Google
- KW Finder – really nice new Long Keyword Finder tool. Find long tail keywords with low SEO competition.
- Keyword Shitter Pro (Free) – Discover thousands of long tail keyword suggestions for Free. Best Free Alternative to Google Keyword Tool.
- MOZ Keyword Explorer – One tool to discover and prioritize the best keywords to target
- Word Stream Keyword Tool – Another great keyword tool
- LSI Keyword Generator – Start generating Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) Keywords for your SEO needs.
- Keyword Discovery – Another Keyword Suggestion Tool
- Free Serps SEO Tools – A free, blazing fast SEO tools for keyword research from Serps
- KeywordTool.io – Get 750+ Google Keyword Suggestions For Free
- SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool – Free but requires registration
- Übersuggest – free keyword suggestion tool that makes good use of different suggest services.
- Soovle – Explore the most typed in keywords on multiple search engines based on the keyword root
- Google Insights for Search
- David Naylor Keyword Density – Metrics about content
Competitor Analysis Tools
Use these tools to analyze your seo competitors.
- Keyword Spy – great place to do your keyword research
- Moz Open Site Explorer – Research backlinks, find link-building opportunities and learn from your competitors
- SpyFu – Find out what keywords your competitor is running ads for
- SEMrush – Another nice tool to dig up more useful information about your competitors and their traffic
Best Free Back Link Analyzers
- Open Site Explorer from SEOMoz – Link popularity checker & backlink analysis tool
- Majestic SEO – Another very useful backlink tool to help you figure out which site links to you.
- Web SEO Analytics – SEO Analytics provides various backlink tools. Reports only give the few results and you must upgrade to see full report.
- Backlink Watch – powered by ahref, analyze the keyword links to improve your ranking.
- Open Link Profiler – monitor newly added links linking to your website
- W3C Link Checker – check links and anchors in Web pages or full Web sites
Broken Link Checker
- Online Broken Link Checker – This useful online tool allows you to see check for all the broken links on your website.
Keyword Position Checkers
- Rank Scanner – Really awesome rank checker app. A Free account lets you monitor and track up to 5 keywords for multiple domains.
- WhatsMySerp – A free keyword rank checker that allows you to quickly check, track, and graph the top 300 SERP results or search engine ranking for multiple domains and keywords.
- LXR Marketplace Keyword Checker
- Serps Free Keyword Rank Checker – See how your website ranks for specific keywords. Single keyword search only.
- Northcutt Multiple Keyword Position Checker – Check what position your website ranks for multiple keywords at the same time.
Content Tools & Topic Generators
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator – If you need to come up with the topic for your next blog post, you can use this tool to generate some headlines to get you started.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator. – Enter a keyword for a fun and get random titles generated you can use for your next blog
- Tweak Your Biz Title Generator – Generate SEO friendly titles based on the topic you enter.
- Contentrow Tools – Generate blog titles that are controversial, fun, list or shocking to get more people clicking your links.
- Content Topic Ideas Generator
- Webpage FX Topic Generator
- Canva – Great Tool to create graphics for your website. Choose an image, add a text and you’re done.
Social Media Automation Tools
- Dlvr.it – Smart Social Media Automation. Connect your XML feed to social media and share your content automatically.
- Manage Flitter – Very useful tool for cleaning up your user followers. Multiple user deletion and superb filtering options.
- Buzzsumo – Buzzsumo search makes it easy for you to find the most shared content across multiple social networks:.
- Hoot Suite – One of the best Social Media management applications. Allows you to post to Facebook pages and Twitter Accounts from a single admin dashboard, schedule posts at later times and tons of other useful features. Upgrading to Pro allows unlimited social accounts plus allows you to add multiple administrators who can manage posts.
- Co Tweet – Set up future tweets and post them to multiple accounts from one location
- Friend or Follow – This twitter tool that can help you find out who is following and who doesn’t follow you on Twitter.
Domain Name Research
- Namevine – Checks availability of internet domains, as well social media accounts.
- Nominus – The most complete domain name generator tool
- Name Mesh – Generate ideas for social user names and check availability for free!
- Business Name Generator – Generate business names and check domain availability instantly
- Knowem – KnowEm allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name on multiple social networks.
- NameCheckr – Check domain and social username availability across multiple networks.
- Lean Domain Search – Find a great available domain name for your website in seconds.
SEO Free Desktop Programs
- Xenu Link Sleuth – This is a desktop tool you need to download that crawls your website and checks for broken links and other problems. It’s also free.
- Screaming Frog SEO Software – The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a small desktop program (PC or Mac) which crawls websites’ links, images, CSS, script and apps from an SEO perspective.